Sunday, March 1, 2009

I made it...

Sorry, but I haven't had Internet since I got here. So I have lots to update because these last few days have been jam packed. Me and my roommates Courtney Brittney and Sasha arrived in Sydney on Tuesday and moved into our temporary apartment for orientation. We Stayed in the World Tower which are apartments that were made into hotel rooms. We were on the 72 floor of the 5 star hotel and had an un-real view of the city.


So in this week of orientation we started off with dinner on Darling Harbor where I was going to get the Kangaroo steak but I wimped out and got the burger instead, and it for sure wasn't like the burgers at home. The next day we went on a walking tour of Sydney. The director of our program Russ was really knowledgeable about the history and cool places to visit. During the walking tour we walked along the harbor and saw the Opera House for the first time and it was so beautiful!! I cant wait to go see an opera there...this is when it really hit me that I'm finally here in Australia. So after all the fun we hopped on a bus and drove to an animal park where we got to pet and feed kangaroos even a baby one aka a "joey" we also got to pet a koala bear! I also saw a GIANT wombat or at least that's what I think it was. The next day we went to the Blue Mountains and went abseiling aka repelling. It was really cool but also really scary, we went first face of a 16 story cliff...I was terrified but I'm glad I did it! Friday we went to the university (UNSW) to get our ID cards and schedules, I have Friday classes which is a bummer because I'm going to want to take long weekend trips. Then we went on a harbor cruse, which was cool because of the awesome views of the harbor and the opera house, but other than that it was just okay. So basically that was orientation in a semi short version.

We moved into our apartments that are not as nice as the World Towers but it will do. Were only on the third floor so we don't have a great view and there is really no where for us to put our piles upon piles of clothes. We 10 minutes from the beach by bus and we went to Bondi Beach and I'm in love! I would be happy with a sleeping bag on the beach! but today there was a shark attack YIKES!!!! Today we went to the Sydney Wine Festival in Hyde Park and it was a beautiful day! There were tons of winery's set up in the park and we got a wine glass and walked around and tried different wines and listened to music in the park. Then we went to the beach....this is the life for sure!! I could do this everyday :-)

I will post pictures very soon....I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of pictures i have taken already!

1 comment:

  1. hey, you! you're online! so cool to read up on all your adventures so far. Happy to hear things are going well and thrilled that you are having a good time, getting settled in. miss you, lots of love and hugs and all that....xoxoxoxomom

    ReplyDelete