Monday, March 23, 2009

Four Leaf Clovers & Green Beer


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! (a bit late) this is my favorite holiday of the year! A year ago I was in Ireland on my spring break with my mom and dad. This was the best spring break ever! (so far...this spring break I'm doing an East Coast tour) We flew into Dublin and rented a car and started our grand tour of the green country. We went to Kilkenny, Kinsale, Killarney, Doolin, Galway, and then back to Dublin. We left the day before Paddy's day but we still witnessed some of the Irish craziness! I loved every minute of the trip and looking forward to my next trip back!

This year in Australia we celebrated in good fashion. Me and Courtney went out and bought a case of beer for our celebrations and attempted to carry it back to the apartment. We got so many funny looks because it was little me carrying the case and Courtney directing me, we looked like alcoholics. We bounced around from room to room and saw some crazy Irish outfits! We then went to a local Irish Pub called Cock and Bull...you can imagine what everyone actually calls it. It was PACKED! just as it should be though and there were tons of Irish people there and a live band. We then ventured to the Gaff in Sydney, one of the girls in our group works there so we got in free and drank for free too...great! It was really fun but kind of rowdie there were a few fights. All and all a good Paddy's day!

One thing that was missing was my favorite event of the year, the White Plains St. Patrick's Day Parade with my fire department. This is the second year in a row that I have missed it, but this year I was especially sad since its the first parade that I'm 21 for. Its my favorite parade and made me a bit homesick thinking about all the fun they were having together.I missed being in the BlackBear with my wild firefighter friends and listening to good Irish music and the bagpipers that make an appearance in the crowded bar!But I know there are many more parades to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment