Monday, March 9, 2009

Go Tahs!


Friday very spur of the moment we decided to hop up off the couch and go to a rugby game! We had little under an hour to get dressed and out the door, which was quite a task. This reminds me about the time when my friends from Indiana came to visit me over the summer and we went out on my Dad's boat in Connecticut and had to race home, drop a friend off, and then get dressed for the Yankees game which we did in a matter of 15 minutes, nobody thought we could do it! But anyways we hopped on the bus and begged the bus driver to let us off near the Sydney Football Stadium. We bought our concession tickets (aka student tickets) for $16 and then went into the huge stadium. I'm sure that our seats were way up in the nosebleeds but the stadium wasn't packed and there were lots of seat in the front row, so of course we sat in the first row right in the end zone (I don't know if its even called that)! It was so much fun, we had a few beers and cheered for the home team, the New South Wales Waratahs. I get the general rules of rugby and can follow for the most part but I don't know a lot of the rules and penalties, so I kept leaning over to the guy next to us and asking him questions. He was a good sport and answered my questions and explained lots to me. It was a lot of fun to watch, its such a hard hitting game and there isn't much stoppage time so its pretty fast paced. So since we were in the front row we got great views of the rugby players who were warming up just in front of us, and I think I found several of my next husbands! They were sooo cute!! all of us girls fell in love, especially with # 19! The Waratahs won 15-11 and it was their 10th straight win at home which was awesome and so much fun, every time they scored they shot off these fire cannons all around the field its was pretty exciting. At the end of the game the players threw little rugby balls into the crowd and Brit caught one! We are all going to go out and get us some Waratahs apparel and go back to another game! I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment