Thursday, March 5, 2009

on our own :)

My apartment is conveniently located across from one of the biggest and nicest malls ever! Courtney and I walked around and explored it the other day. Fortunately the stores are lots of high end stores that you can find in the States like A|X Ed Hardy, Ralph Lauren, so this way we wont be tempted to waste our money in there. But there are some really cute restaurants and food carts. There was this little chocolate shop with beautiful chocolates in the shapes of penguins and different animals they even had chocolate fountain yum! I wish I could have taken pictures of how beautiful the mall was but I felt a bit silly taking pictures in a mall. We went over to the directory to see what else is in this massive mall and there was touch screen menu that you typed in the store you were looking for and then it would give you directions to it, you could even pick the fastest way...we thought it was pretty cool.

Also in the mall is the grocery store, Coles. My grocery shopping experiences have been interesting, I hate grocery shopping to begin with but it is worse here! First off, things here are much more expensive and to be honest I rather be spending my money on other things! Second most of the brands arnt the same here and everything has different names. I couldn't find apple sauce because they only had apple pure but it was pink...I was very confused. Also I don't know what I need to cook things with, because to be honest I'm not the best cook because I do it very infrequently. To say the least I miss my home cooking and of course Bruce (our beloved cook at Alpha Phi) Also to add to the stress of us living on our own, our washing machine keeps overflowing! But to our defense it not our fault, the thing is broken, all four of us know how to use it and have done laundry before but our machine has overflowed at least 4 times and we have had maintenance up here tons! Wow who ever knew this would be so much fun! Im sure well get the hang of this soon!

1 comment:

  1. tacos, baby! love your blog posts, so much fun to read! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete