Saturday, March 7, 2009

Making Big Changes

So while I'm here in Sydney I'm all about being adventurous and stepping out of my comfort zone. I have done that big time... I have ditched my beloved blonde hair. With the encouragement of my roomies we went out and bought some brown hair dye, then we dyed my hair brown in my bathroom before we got ready for our night out. I was sooo nervous and almost wimped out several times. Courtney and Sasha took turns putting the gloves on and covering my hair with the brown dye, and Brittney documented it all... its funny to see the fear in my face. Half way through we realized that I was probably going to need two boxes but by then none of us wanted to go out and get another box, so we cut open the bottle and scrapped out the little that was left. A half an hour later I was a brunette, but a brunette with streaks of chunky blonde because we did indeed need that second box of dye! I sucked it up and went out, many people didn't recognise me, but everyone loved it! the next day I fixed it and got the last of my blonde out, which was kind of sad. Its definitely weird to me, I don't recognize my self! Although my eyes look 10 times more blue! Its a big change but its a change I had to try, and I'm gladI did. Who knows I may stay a brunette but I have to admit I do miss the blonde! So tell me what you think.....

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, you look like your sisters now. But honestly, you would be gorgeous in any color....aw, you know, I just love you so much! So glad you are writing this blog and keeping us all in the loop! Looks amazing from here. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! yeah!!!!!!!! Good job, roomies! mwah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Next month maybe a redhead? I do like the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mo - tuned in today to catch up on your trip - seriously, very envious. Glad you are doing so well - in and out of classes. Sure wish I had done this type of thing when I was in Spain 44 years ago!! Now all I have is an old shoe box filled with match boxes, tickets to the bull fights, and too few photos. Glad to see you're having such a grand time. Love, Uncle Tom

    ReplyDelete