Friday, February 13, 2009

Saving the Land


As many of you know Australia is dealing with one of it's biggest natural disaster in its history. Wildfire's have been burning away Australia's beautiful landscape and devastating many lives in its wake. My heart goes out to all of those that have lost homes and loved ones and also to those who are doing so much to help. I am a volunteer firefighter and wish there was something I could do to help, although I'm not going to Australia to help with the wildfires, maybe I could find a way to get involved and help the victims.

My cousin on the other hand is a professional wildlife firefighter out in Montana she is involved with fire-jumping (which is so bad ass) We don't talk on a regular basis so I don't know if she has plans to go and help, but I wouldn't be surprised to run into her down there, while shes there saving the day!

So keep thinking of those in Australia who have lost so much and the everyday heroes that are putting their lives one the line to help. I hope to find out about ways to help and will post that information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment