Sunday, May 10, 2009

To Mom and Grammy

Happy Mother's Day from Melbourne Australia! I'm spending a long weekend in Melbourne with all my girl friends and were staying with some friends we made on spring break. Its funny because all of us girls were prepared for mother's day and all the boys had forgotten and had to scramble to do something nice. The funny thing is that they would say, "I should send my mom some flowers, so she will send me more money!" Silly boys, Melbourne is amazing but I'll post about that when I get home.I'm a bit behind on my posting and this is going to be out of order, but I wanted to make sure Mom and Grammy got a shout out!

Today makes me a bit home sick, I wish I could be home with my Mom and Grammy, especially since this is the first year that I would get to spend Mother's Day with my Grammy. This bums me out because my mom and Grammy are like my best friends in the whole world and I know it would be a fun day. Also why I'm homesick is that my whole family (Mom Dad Grammy & Maggie) are in Florida for my cousins wedding and they are meeting her brand new baby Abbie! I'm soo jealous!

My favorite memory from Mother's Day is last year when Dad Maggie Erin and I went to a nursery and picked out a tree for mom, she really wanted this tree and orchard blossom or something! We picked out a good one and got it loaded into the car by the people that worked there. We get it home and get Mom out of the house so we can store it for the big day. Well when we tried to get it out we were unpleasantly surprised about how heavy it was! We also couldn't get to the wheelbarrow because it was in the back shed which is spider land, so we found a rolling lounge chair and dragged it on to that. Then came the dilemma of how to wrap it or present it. So Maggie came up with the idea of putting it in the back yard right in front of the kitchen window. Every morning Mom comes down to the kitchen to have her cup of coffee and looks out that window. So we put a sign on the window says "Good morning Mom, Look out side!" and right out side the window was her tree. To top it all off we decorated it with tags that the three of us daughters made. Each tag had a childhood memory of her or a funny story. One of the favorites were Maggie's which said " I remember when you threw away my dead hamster before I got home from school and told me it ran away" and Erin's, "I remember when we used to rock out to Shade in the car"...The day was a success! --Heres a link to my Mom's blog about it
http://housewrenstudio.typepad.com/charlotte/2008/05/my-darling-girl.html

To the whole family- I miss you tons and I know this Mother's Day will be just as special as the last one! Spending my love across the world!
P.S Mom and Grammy a little something will be arriving soon, just want you to know I'm thinking of you! Love Love Love!

4 comments:

  1. Just walked in the door and found your flowers waiting....they are soooooooooo beautiful! and this post too. I took a few minutes to remember the details of last year's Mother's Day, such a special one for me, the luckiest mom ever. I miss you too, sweetpea, but love the idea of all the fun you are having. That's my gift this year on this day - seeing that new dogwood tree in bloom and imagining your happy times and adventures. love, love, love you, sweet Momo! thanks so much for thinking of me and for the call this morning! xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure miss you, too, Mo! We're homesick for MoMo! Enjoy it, though...only a couple weeks left! Love the posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Best sister ever!! You're such a good daughter. I miss you tons too but want you to soak up as much of Ausieland as you can. I want you to come home completely transformed! :) Love you tons, E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers for Grammy arrived and I took them to her yesterday. She was so touched that you thought of her. They are beautiful, the centerpiece of her scene now....and she talks about you endlessly. All of us send love and agree that you should be having as much fun as possible! So, carry one, sweetie! love you! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete