Thursday, June 25, 2009

The End is Near


We are fitting in all the last minute things we haven't done yet. Wednesday we went to see a show in the Opera House, we saw "Cabaret Decadanse" it wasn't in the main hall, but in a smaller venue but the show was great. It was a puppet show, but done it a unique way, you could see the humans controlling them and they often interacted with pupets, it was really clever and fun. At first I didn't think I would like it and wondered what I got myself into but after I got over the initial shock of the quirkiness I really enjoyed it! The songs were entertaining and some were really funny and I also enjoyed the how random it was.

Since the winter weather has lightened and it feels like spring we went on the Hunter Valley Wine Tour. Hunter Valley is a wine country about 2 hours out of Sydney, we booked a tour and we got picked up in Sydney and drove out there by our very charismatic bus driver, who talked the whole way there. Oh did I mention that we got picked up at 7:30 am! The tour took us to small boutique wineries where we learned a bit about the wines, got to taste them and see the winery and vineyards. We had lunch in the little town that was really cute and small, we got some home made fudge that was great and we also did some cheese tasting. It was a fun day and we were all exhausted after, not to mention a bit tipsy. Hunter Valley was beautiful, the vineyards were so pretty and perfect and we were lucky to get such a great day!

After learning about some bad news that my grandfather had passed away and seeing the beautiful day outside, I was desperate to get out of the apartment. Brit and I walked down to Bondi Beach and ventured on the Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk. Its about 2 miles up hill along the coastline looking out to the Tasman Sea. Walking from Bondi Beach we passed Tamarama Beach and sat on the rocks and watched the waves crash in and the surfers catch wave and be crashed by waves. I could have sat there and watched them all day. We then ran into our Spring Break guide Matty Dee, it was good catching up with him. We walked on to Bronte Beach and further trucked our way to Coogee. It was a tough walk with hills and steps and a cemetery detour. We made it to Coogee and were exhausted, we caught the bus home and took long naps! When I woke up my roommates had surprised me with flowers in condolences of the grandfather. It was really touching , I have such great roommates and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment