Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fire Fun

Sorry for the lack of posting, but to be honest we haven't been doing to much lately. We all have had alot of homework so we haven't been able to travel and nights out are just nights out.

I felt this was something worth posting though. Today was a rainy yucky day (which is quite unusual) so we all slept in and stayed in our pjs and watched Sex and the City. Around 2 a very odd noise came from our ceiling. Now its wasnt our fire detector, it was coming from what looked like an intercom. We call down to the front desk to see what was going on and no one answered, we were starting to get worried. Then the loud speaker starts speaking to us telling us to evacutate the building. We scrambled to grab our phones, keys, and sweatshirts and ran down the stairs. The whole building was standing out side on the curb and funny things was that we werent the only ones who slept in. Mind you most of our building is college kids that came in our program, so everyone was out side in thier pjs. Rumors were that there was a fire on the 4th floor, which was freaking us out becuase were on the 3rd! But it turns out that it was nothing, just a faulty alarm. But it was a big to do in the Tiffany buildings

But this is a good lead into another run into with the fire department. A few weeks ago me and Courtney went on a exploring adventure. We hopped on the train and took it to Kings Cross. We walked around there a bit and ate at a horrible burger place. We then walked by one of the cutest firehouses ever. (I know those firefighters would cringe if they knew I called thier fire house 'cute' but it was) Courtney said I should walk over there and ask for a picture witht he firefighters, and I told her no way they would do it and I was too embarresed. But she persisted and finally convinced me. So gald we did, the firefighters were so nice, they let us into the fire house and let us into all the truck bays and even let us in the trucks. I felt like a little kid again, it was so cool! It was cool to see the diffrences between thier trucks and ours. The fire house used to be an old convent and had beautiful courtyards and open patios. Makes me miss mine!

2 comments:

  1. Missing you! but so glad you are busy and exploring the city and places beyond. Sending love, hugs, kisses! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo...I confess it's been a while since I've caught up on the blog, but I LOVE the surfing story. Most of all, the lingo...I knew I got "brekky" from somewhere! LOVE LOVE LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete